LAOC provides legal services to individuals through four programs:
- Direct representation by the LAOC staff attorneys in the areas of family law and landlord tenant law.
- The Volunteer Attorney Program (“VAP”) where private attorneys agree to take cases for clients who have been screened through the LAOC intake process and either need representation in a matter that is not an area of LAOC expertise, where there is a conflict of interest with LAOC and the client, or when LAOC attorneys are not able to take on additional cases and the client needs immediate assistance.
- A landlord tenant hotline where any caller can speak to an attorney or trained advocate regarding housing issues.
- Clinics and other outreach programs sponsored by LAOC including:
- Weekly landlord tenant clinic offered by LAOC staff attorneys for income-qualifying clients
- Clinics offered at the Olmsted County Law Library where LAOC recruits volunteers to host weekly family law clinics, monthly financial and consumer law clinics, and bi-monthly expungement clinics
- Annual “Celebrate Pro Bono Week” free legal clinics where volunteer attorneys offer free legal advice on a wide variety of civil topics.